Classes & Workshops
The BonsaiSmiths offer a variety of workshops around the year which are designed to help the beginner and the advanced hobbyist with their technical skills and varietal specific needs. Our most popular class is our set of three Japanese Black Pine workshops in Spring, Summer and Fall which instruct how to develop a highly ramified, healthy, well styled tree the same way professionals do in Japan. We also offer classes on repotting, wiring, juniper, broadleaf evergreen, flowering and fruiting and deciduous trees.
- Juniper Workshop
- This intensive workshop covers general Juniper care including thinning, styling, overview of proper pinching, wiring, and general maintenance… More »
- Japanese Black Pine II Workshop
- This session is the second of a three part series on all aspects of Japanese Black Pine care and maintenance including decandling techniques to achieve the highly desired short needles… More »
- Japanese Black Pine III Workshop
- This session is the third of a three part series on Japanese Black Pine care and maintenance. It is recommended that you take all three in order to understand the annual cycle of Japanese Black Pine care… More »